11 Tips to Help You Choose the Right Matchmaking Service
So you’ve decided you’re finished with online dating, awkward meet-ups, and blind dates, and have finally decided today’s the day you’re going to check out a local matchmaking service. So how do you decide?
We’ve put together a helpful list of 11 tips to help you choose the right matchmaker. As an internationally-respected dating service with more than two decades of matchmaking success, we know what it takes to create happy couples.
1. How long has the company been in business?
New players on the scene might be flashy, but they might not have the extensive client database or connections of a more established company.
2. How many matchmakers does the company have and how long have they been working with the company?
It’s about balance! It’s important to have different perspectives within a matchmaking service, but too many matchmakers at once can begin to feel impersonal.
3. What is the company’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Companies can’t pay to have their BBB rating changed, so it’s a great way to see how they treat their customers after they’ve been paid.
4. How are clients screened and interviewed?
Some people are nervous about being set up with a stranger. How does the matchmaker screen potential matches for safety and compatibility?
5. What information do clients see before a date?
Does the matchmaker offer a full bio and pictures of your date before meeting in person?
6. How does the company advertise and attract new clients?
What sort of people are they looking to attract? Do those people seem like ones you’d be interested in dating?
7. How many clients are in the database?
The number of potential matches for clients will depend on how large of a pool the company has to draw from. Go with a matchmaker who’s been doing it a long time.
8. Is everyone charged the same fees?
What different packages do they offer? Are there a minimum or maximum number of matches?
9. How is communication between client and the matchmaker handled?
What hours are the business open and how do clients contact their matchmakers? Do some plans include access to a matchmaker’s cell phone number?
10. Are there photos and letters from happy clients?
What former clients say about the company and their ability to match says a lot about the a matchmaker’s skill.
11. Have any of them been successful in finding a mate?
Most importantly, what is their success rate? A quality matchmaking service should have tons of success stories. Do your homework, check out their website, and ask around.
We’d love to discuss these questions and more with you! We’re proud of our A rating from the BBB, and we’ve helped thousands of elite singles just like you find the love they deserve. Elite Connections International is the premiere matchmaking agency in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and around the world, so make the call today that will change your life.